|Photo Credit: U.S. National Archives and Records Administration|
1. It's been 238 years since the founding fathers declared independence from Great Britain.
2. On July 2, 1776 the Second Continental Congress voted to declare independence. So, really we should celebrate on July 2nd.
3. July 4th commemorates the final draft of the Declaration of Independence.
4. Three U.S. Presidents have died on the 4th of July. John Adams and Thomas Jefferson both in 1826 and James Monroe in 1831.
5. No one knows why we consistently say the 4th of July rather than Independence Day. It's a big mystery!