Thursday, October 29, 2009

CLUTTER RESCUE! JUST MINUTES A DAY TO GET ORGANIZED-FOREVER

648 P485C c.1

Foreword: This book is for anyone who has spent 20 minutes looking for the remote, moved homework to put dinner on the table, searched high and low for that favorite sweater-only to find it crumpled under a stack of dirty clothes-or missed paying a bill on time because it was stuffed in a junk drawer.

I have an issue with clutter. I have never been an organized person. However, I did attempt to organize my closet after an assignment in my "organization of information" class. It did not last very long... me applying these principles. So when I saw this book a couple of weeks ago, I took it home but it took some days before I looked through the pages of it. Chapter 2 was a major interest for me because my bedroom is where I live. It is too small for what I do. I have a computer and computer desk in my bedroom. This takes up a lot of space. And, there are tons of written papers, past assignments, and articles that I am holding on to until I take my "proficiency exam" next summer. So, I definitely needed some advice on how to de-clutter my bedroom.

TIPS THAT I AM USING:
  • STORAGE IN STYLE: I AM USING MY LUGGAGE TO STORE SEASONAL CLOTHES. PERHAPS, I CAN FORGO MY MONTHLY STORAGE BILL WHICH IS MAINLY BECAUSE OF CLOTHES.
  • THE CLOTHES QUESTION: I HAVE MORE THAN I CARE TO MENTION. MOST OF THEM ARE TOO SMALL THAT ARE HANGING IN MY CLOSET AND IT HAS BEEN MORE THAN A YEAR SINCE I HAVE WORN THEM.
  • THE CLOSET RULES: I AM TRYING TO HANG LESS CLOTHES AND USE SOME OF MY AVAILABLE DRAWERS. ALSO, I AM TRYING TO KEEP MY SHIRTS, JEANS, AND SKIRTS TOGETHER. HOPEFULLY, THIS WILL ELIMINATE SOME OF MY GET READY FOR WORK STRESS.
  • SIMPLE UNDER BED BOXES: GREAT FOR MY PILES OF PAPERS ON MY COMPUTER DESK.

No comments: